Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Hallucinator @ Green Dragon

Last night I can respectfully say that I was the first to get a sample of the collaborator beer, Hallucinator between the Oregon Brew Crew and Widmer. At 7.7% it will get you seeing double sooner than you might think. I impatiently waited for Jim Parker to give me the first pour. It was delicious and my first strong ale. Jim told me that this type of beer is harder to find. He mentioned that there are a few types he thought Belmont Station would have. Unfortunately I forgot the names, (I blame the Hallucinator) but the guys over at Belmont Station will help me figure it out.

I have a $40 gift certificate to Belmont Station that is burning a whole in my pocket for a strong ale. It was nice to see previous collaborator brewers on hand including Preston Weesner, Ken Johnson, Gary Corbin and a few others that I did not have the chance to meet. Ken Johnson told me it was pretty exciting to have 1 of your beers actually on tap, well now he is use to that being the head brewer and owner of Fearless Brewing in Estacada.

No comments: